LOGO

LOGO

Thursday, July 30, 2015

No country can succeed alone in the war against terror - Buhari

Press statement from the presidency...
President Buhari has said that Nigeria and neighboring countries must stand together to defeat and degrade Boko Haram terrorists in the sub-region. Speaking late Wednesday at a state dinner at the Unity Palace in Yaounde, during his two-day working visit to Cameroon, President Buhari said countries in the sub-region cannot afford to falter in their resolve to get rid of the evils of terrorists.
``We recognize that none of us can succeed alone. In order to win this war we need the collective efforts of each one of us, standing together as a formidable force for good, to defeat and end these acts of terror against our people,’’ he said. The President told guests at the dinner hosted by President Paul Biya that the security situation in the region presented an opportunity for Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Benin to work together for their common security, peace and socio-economic development.  

`` Let me assure all of my relentless pursuit of all possible means to safeguard Nigeria’s territorial integrity, protect the lives and property of our citizens as well as my commitment to continue to collaborate with Cameroon and our neighbors, within the framework of the Lake Chad Basin Commission. ``The Federal government of Nigeria is committed to respecting international norms to resolve this matter and to restore normalcy to all the affected areas as soon as possible,’’ he said.

`The Federal government of Nigeria is committed to respecting international norms to resolve this matter and to restore normalcy to all the affected areas as soon as possible,’’ he said.    

The President, who had earlier on his arrival on Wednesday held a closed-door session with his host, thanked President Biya for providing refuge to Nigerians who had fled their homes because of the insurgents. He also commended Cameroon for its support to Nigerian military and security personnel in the fight against terrorism and offered his condolences to the families of the victims of terror in both countries.

President Buhari used the occasion of his speech to announce Nigeria's willingness to expand economic partnerships with Cameroon, through increased joint ventures in infrastructure development, transport and commerce, among others. He welcomed the achievements so far recorded by the Nigeria-Cameroon Joint Commission and all the landmark agreements signed between both countries.

The President, who described the relations between both countries as excellent, recognized the roles played by past and present leaders and Nigerian citizens in sustaining friendly relations with Cameroon. In his remarks, Biya while congratulating President Buhari for a successful inauguration into office said his electoral victory has provided an opportunity for him to preside over the ``destiny of Nigeria.''

``Mr President, a dark cloud is looming over our countries even as we welcome you; we are facing the same threat, which may rock the foundation of our two nations.

``This danger bears the name of Boko Haram, its atrocities and crimes are jeopardizing peace around Lake Chad and especially in our two countries. ``The number of dead and victims are rising, economic activities have been crippled in affected areas, the number of refugees and displaced persons are ever increasing. ``We cannot allow this cancer to spread, we must pool our resources and forces and share our experiences,’’ he said.  

 President Biya, who reaffirmed Cameroon’s commitment in the fight against terror, welcomed the ``fresh push’’ on economic ties between both countries through easing of trade.

``I strongly believe in your readiness to work towards that goal and your visit to Cameroon as well as the discussions we have had have strengthened my conviction,’’ he said.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity) July 30, 2015

Hot movies to enjoy this summer

 
 
Summer is for having fun and what’s more fun than enjoying movie after movie in the comfort of your own home? Rent hot new movies from DStv Box Office at only N400 per movie! Movies availableon DStv Box Office this month include:
*Angriest Man in Brooklyn 
*Boy Next Door
*Home
*Dazzling Mirage


To rent these exciting movies and others on DStv BoxOffice, simply press the green button on your DStv remote. It’s that easy.
 
Remember, DStv BoxOffice is now available to Compact, Compact Plus and Premium subscribers.
For more information on DStv Box Office, click http://www.dstv.com/en-ng/topic/boxoffice-nigeria-20150402

Ex NIMASA boss, Akpobolokemi arrested by EFCC


Former boss of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency NIMASA, Patrick Ziakede Akpobolokemi, who was sacked two weeks ago by President Buhari was arrested by EFCC officials today July 30th.

According to a NIMASA official who revealed this to Premium Times, Akpobolokemi was arrested this morning at about 10am over allegations of misappropriation of funds during his tenure as the DG of the maritime agency


"He was taken in this morning around 10 a.m. Some of our other officials have also been summoned while EFCC operatives have been conducting discreet investigation here. There is tension everywhere. One of our people just returned from EFCC and he told me the former DG is still there, sweating profusely as he was being questioned by investigators." the source said
EFCC officials stormed the NIMASA head office and interrogated some officials over contracts awarded by Mr Akpobolokemi during the last administration
"For instance, they wanted to know how a whopping N13 billion was spent on the acquisition of land for the permanent site of the Nigerian Maritime University in Delta. They also asked about other transactions they believed were fraudulent, including transfers of millions of dollars from NIMASA accounts to other accounts.” the source added
An official of EFCC who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed Mr Akpobolokemi's arrest.
"I’m aware he is with us but I don’t have details about the case against him or what investigators are asking him,” said the official

Nigeria will abide by ICJ ruling on Bakassi - Buhari

While speaking at an interactive session with Nigerians living in Cameroon during his 2-day working and friendly visit to the country yesterday July 29th, President Buhari said his administration would ensure the faithful implementation of the Green Tree Agreement, which regulates the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroon.

Since Nigeria allowed the case to go to court (ICJ), and we lost, we have to abide by it," he said while responding to a question from a Nigerian on the issue.

The Bakassi Peninsula lies between the Cross River estuary and the Rio del Ray estuary on the east of Cameroon. It was ceded to the Cameroonian government on October 10th 2002 following a judgement by the International Court of Justice

I headed a military that lacked equipment- ex Chief of Defence staff, Badeh says

Immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh, who alongside other service chiefs, was sacked by Buhari on July 13, said while he was in office, he headed a military that lacked equipment. He said this during his handing over ceremony to the new chief of Defence staff, Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin in Abuja;
"The task of coordinating the military and other security agencies in the fight against the insurgents is perhaps the most complex and challenging assignment I have had in my over 38 years in service. For the first time, I was head of a military that lacked the relevant equipment and motivation to fight an enemy that was invisible and embedded with the local populace.
Furthermore, the activities of fifth columnists in the military and other security agencies who leaked operational plans and other sensitive military information to the terrorist, combined to make the fight against the insurgents particularly difficult. The activities of these unpatriotic members of the military not only blunted the effectiveness of the fight, but also led to the needless deaths of numerous officers and men who unwittingly fell into ambushes prepared by terrorists who had advance warnings of the approach of such troops. The decision by certain countries to deny us weapons to prosecute the war also added to the challenges we faced. Despite these challenges, I am glad to note that a lot was achieved during our time in the fight against terror. The achievements recorded are largely due to the commitment, patriotism and fighting spirit of our men and women in uniform who saw the fight against terror as a task that must be accomplished no matter the odds and inspite of the campaign of calumny against the military by a section of the media with their foreign collaborators.”he said

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Music For Breast Cancer Featuring Dbanj, Yemi Alade And M.I Set To Hold On Saturday 11th July 2015

Music For Breast Cancer Featuring Dbanj, Yemi Alade And M.I Set To Hold On Saturday 11th July 2015

Music for Breast Cancer is a special Musical fund-raiser/ Award Concert for the fight against Breast.
It a Concert that is set to raise funds to create more awareness for Breast cancer within and across Nigeria
The event is also set to recognize and award very special personalities that have made remarkable impact in the Music world
This special recognized Music Awardees  for “Music for Breast Cancer 2015″ are

D Banj.  • Yemi Alade.  • M. I
Event Details…
• Date: Saturday 11th July 2015
• Venue: Ladi-kwali Conference, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja
•Time: 1PM
For enquires/ quick ticket delivery Call: 07035678258, 08153413609, 08171743360.
Powered by: Jhelp Concept in collaboration with Comely Queens

Floyd Mayweather Stripped Of Title He Won In Manny Pacquiao Fight

Image result for mayweather stripped of title

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has never lost a fight, but he has now lost a belt.
The World Boxing Organization has stripped Mayweather of the welterweight title he won by beating Manny Pacquiao on May 2. Tim Bradley, currently the interim titlist, will be awarded the title following his win over Jessie Vargas on June 27.
Mayweather asked for an August 1 deadline to pay a $200,000 sanctioning fee. The WBO maintained a July 3 deadline, which the boxer missed.
The WBO World Championship Committee is allowed no other alternative but to cease to recognize Mr. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. as the WBO Welterweight Champion of the World and vacate his title, for failing to comply with our WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests,” the WBO said in a statement.
Mayweather said he would give up his title after the pay-per-view bout with Pacquiao. Other fighters need a chance, he said following the fight.
The 38-year-old also holds the WBA and WBC welterweight and light middleweight titles, and had said he would relinquish those, as boxers cannot hold titles in multiple weight classes. He has since changed his mind. Mayweather has 14 days to appeal the decision.
He is set to fight his final bout on September 12 against a yet-to-be-named opponent.